Your spot for what's kicking in the world of soccer.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Introducing The New Liverpool Home Kit

When Adidas announced that they would be ending their relationship of kit manufacture with Liverpool Football Club after what seems like eons, I was surprised. I was even more surprised when Liverpool announced that New England based Lacrosse gear manufacturer Warrior would make in charge of giving the Red their "Reds." Not all that surprising as John Henry and Fenway Sports Groups try to market the English club to the American public. This is Warrior's first time making a Football kit and If I may, it's Gorgeous. 

Their has already been strife over the new kit as Members of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign formed after the disaster in May 1989, that left 96 dead.  As The BBC Reports,     "The new shirt sees the club's logo, which featured an image of the Shankly Gates, replaced by the original Liver Bird crest that became synonymous with Liverpool's success in the 1970s and 80s. As a result the two Justice flames honouring the Hillsborough campaign have been moved to the back of the shirt." This is being seen as a disrespectful to the the 96 who lost their lives, saying "96 is more than a number."

I personally love the Home Kit, and kind of pisses me off that I bought Last season's- 2011/12 kit. The thing I love most about it is the more regal looking red, not so fiery and bright as the others. Also the fact that it does not have the ugly Adidas Stripes that dominate all of their uniforms. I am excited to see the release of the away kit, though I have heard rumors that it might be purple, and that doesn't particularly fly with me.



Liverpool players model new 2012/13 Home Kit



(Video): Reina's thoughts on the his new Liverpool Home Kit.




No comments:

Post a Comment